Certificates & Reporting CPE
How do I get a copy of my certificate of completion?
Our online course system provides direct access to your certificates-24/7!
Here’s how to view and print your certificates:
- Click on Student Login from the top right hand corner of any funcpe.com page
- Enter your User ID and Password
- Click on view to see your certificate. Even if the course is expired (courses expire one year from date of purchase), you can always still access the certificate.
- Click on the printer icon to print your certificate
Certificates and course history available at any time
Unlike many of our competitors, you do not need to have a “current subscription” in order to log into the course system. You can log in at any time to view your course history and reprint certificates. Your access to your certificates never expires.
If you have any problems accessing your certificates–contact us!
Step by step instructions with screen shots
2. Enter your User ID and Password:
3. Click on view to see your certificate. Even if the course is expired (courses expire one year from date of purchase), you can always still access the certificate.
4. Click on the printer icon to print your certificate
If you have any problems accessing your certificates–CALL US!
Our helpful staff is standing by to assist you:
- Call toll free: 877-7FUNCPE (877-738-6273)
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
When do I receive my certificate of completion?
If you correctly answer 70% of the final exam questions, immediately after submitting the exam an email will be sent to you with your certificate of completion.
You can also access your certificate by logging into the course system, then click on “view” under “Certificate” for the course.
What will be the effective date of my certificate?
Can I obtain a copy of my certificate later?
We currently keep your certificates for an unlimited amount of time, so you will have access to past certificates if you misplace your copies. Even though the courses themselves expire one year from date of enrollment (in accordance with CPE regulations), you have access to the certificates after the course has expired
We recommend you print your certificates when you complete a course, and keep a copy in a file. You may be asked for copies of your certificates if you are selected for a random CPE audit by your licensing agency.
Can I see an example CPE certificate?
The following fields are required by the IRS for EA and AFSP certificates:
• Full Name of Participant
• Program Name and IRS Issued Program Number(s)
• Number of Credits per Program
• Date Completed
• CE Provider Name
• CE Provider Address
• Signature of designated Official (Instructor, Provider’s Officer or Provider’s Chair of Education may sign the certificate)
CPA state boards require a state provider number, if applicable. Only a few states require provider numbers.
What’s not included?
We do not include your PTIN on the certificate. The IRS does not require the PTIN to be included on the certificate.
We heard from students that they were displaying some of the certificates of completion in their office, and preferred the PTIN not be printed on them for confidentiality purposes.
What if I don't receive my certificate of completion email?
If you do not receive your certificate of completion within 15 minutes of passing your exam, please contact us. The certificate is sent as a PDF attachment to an email.
There are 2 primary reasons why you might not receive your certificate:
- You typed in an incorrect email address during registration or
- Your email system has a filter that prevents some emails from getting through to you. You may want to check your “junk mail” folder.
Solution: just let us know and we can email your certificate to a home/personal email account if necessary.
You can also access your certificates directly in the online course system:
- When you first login to the course system and see the “My Courses” listing on the first page, click on “view” under “Certificate” for the course (this is on the right-hand side of the column).
- If you are in a course, you can click on “My Courses” in the top blue menu to access your certificates.
When do you report CPE hours to the IRS?
We report CPE hours earned by any student who has entered a PTIN in their profile.
Every Monday, we report the hours for the week finished the prior day (Sunday). The IRS posts the hours at midnight, so normally the hours will be visible in your online PTIN account on Tuesday.
During the month of December, we post the hours every day for the prior day’s completions.
Please do periodically verify that all hours earned have been posted to your PTIN account–and let us know if you find any discrepancies!