CPE for CPAs licensed in Pennsylvania
New ethics requirement for PA CPAs
For license renewal periods ending December 31, 2013 and later, CPAs must complete 4 hours of professional ethics as a part of the 80 hour requirement.
Regulations require CPAs in PA to limit self-study CPE
No more than 40 hours per reporting period, in other words no more than 50% of CPE can be self-study.
All FunCPE courses are currently self-study courses.
CPE subject areas accepted
- Accounting and attest
- Advisory services
- Professional skills development
- Specialized knowledge and applications
- Professional ethics
Complete rules are available online: http://www.pacode.com/secure/data/049/chapter11/chap11toc.html
Recap from the Rules and Regulations:
To renew a license, 80 hours of CPE must be completed in the preceding biennial period,
- 20 hour minimum each year
- 16 hour minimum in accounting and attest subjects,
- 8 hour minimum in tax subjects and
- 4 hours in professional ethics as part of the overall total
- No more than 40 hours can be self-study.