This course will review the principal provisions of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) affecting individuals and will consider the:
- Coverage-related provisions of the PPACA addressing –
- Plan grandfathering pursuant to which health coverage in force at the time of the law’s passage may be continued,
- The prohibition of pre-existing condition exclusions,
- The proscription of lifetime and annual benefit limits,
- The limitation of health coverage rescissions,
- The requirement for certain patient protections,
- The general requirement for universal health care coverage, and
- The requirement that plans covering children extend child coverage until age 26;
- Various personal income tax changes affecting taxpayers; and
- Tax credits authorized under the law to assist taxpayers by helping them purchase and maintain health insurance coverage.
Online Course Materials
This is a fully online materials course that does NOT require the separate purchase of a book.
How will I access the materials?
Once you login to your course, click on the materials link to access the PDF materials and
- Read online
- Download to your computer
- Print out
FunCPE Course #: PWX1221
Materials: Online materials
Format: Interactive self-study
Subject: Federal Tax
Exam questions: Final-15 multiple choice
Document length: 37 pages
Passing score: 70% | Unlimited retakes
Advance prep: None
Course level: Overview
Last reviewed/updated: 01/15/21
Expiration: One year from enrollment
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- List the principal healthcare provisions of the PPACA affecting individuals;
- Identify those individuals who may be exempt from the individual mandate; and
- Calculate the tax credits and tax penalties designed to help ensure that individuals meet the requirement to maintain minimum essential coverage.