FunCPE offers several courses acceptable for Certified Treasury Professional continuing professional education (CPE) credit. CTPs in every state can receive recertification credit for our courses.
The Association for Financial Professionals (AFP) renewal requirements:
- CPE hours required. Earn 36 recertification (CPE) credit hours per 3 year cycle to maintain a current and active CTP designation.
- CPE subjects accepted. Education hours should be in:
- treasury/cash management and/or related subjects, such as
- ethics or
- Renewal date. Your current CPE cycle is determined by when your received your certification, and the expiration date is printed on your CTP certificate.
Rules and requirements for CTP credential holders (Per the Association for Financial Professionals website):
Programs that qualify as CPE
Only activities related to topics found in the current edition of the Essentials of Treasury Management, (e.g., treasury/cash management, finance, accounting, ethics, economics) are eligible for recertification credits.
2011-2013 Essentials of Treasury Management, 3rd Edition
The Corporate Treasury Management Function
- Chapter 1: The Role and Organization of Treasury Management
- Chapter 2: Financial Regulatory Environment
- Chapter 3: Managing Relationships with Service Providers
Corporate Financial Management
- Chapter 4: Financial Accounting and Reporting
- Chapter 5: Financial Planning and Analysis
Working Capital Management
- Chapter 6: Introduction to Working Capital Management
- Chapter 7: Working Capital Tools
Cash and Liquidity Management.
- Chapter 8: Cash Management and Forecasting
- Chapter 10: Payment Systems, Collections and Disbursements
Money and Capital Markets
- Chapter 11: Money Markets, Short-term Investing and Borrowing
- Chapter 12: Capital Markets
- Chapter 13: Financial Decisions and Management
- Chapter 14: Capital Structure and Dividend Policy
Treasury Operations and Controls
- Chapter 9: Financial Risk Management
- Chapter 15: Operational and Enterprise Risk Management
- Chapter 16: Treasury Policies and Procedures
- Chapter 17: Information Technology in Treasury
The continuing education activities need NOT be sponsored by AFP or pre-approved for credit by AFP to qualify. AFP is unable to review and pre-approve recertification activities for individual certificants.
Examples of programs that do NOT qualify for CTP credits:
- Sessions specific to the benefits and features of a company's treasury/finance related products and services
- Fundamental, introductory or exam-prep courses in finance or cash/treasury management
- Personal career development sessions not specific to the finance or cash/treasury management fields
- Business development/sales skills sessions
- Technology-specific courses such as, but not limited to, Quickbooks and Microsoft Word
- Archived webinars/Teleconferences without assessments.
I already submit CPE for my CPA (or EA, CFP, etc.) designation. Can I use these for my CTP credentials?
Yes. As long as you have taken the appropriate number of CPE hours in the specified areas, then you may also submit them to AFP.
We welcome the over 23,000 Certified Treasury Professionals to our site and would like to serve your needs better. Please contact us with any suggestions for new course topics for Certified Treasury Professionals CPE specifically, or if you have any questions or comments.