FunCPE courses are acceptable for CIA CPE credit. CIAs in every state can receive credit for our courses.
CPE program criteria
All FunCPE courses meet the Institute of Internal Auditors CPE program criteria. Courses must:
- contribute to the professional competence of participants;
- state program objectives which specify the level of knowledge the participants should have attained, or the level of competence to be demonstrated upon completing the program;
- state education or experience prerequisites, if appropriate for the program;
- be developed by individuals qualified in the subject matter and instructional design;
- provide program content which is current;
- be on a professional level and related to the Common Body of Knowledge.
Acceptable CPE subjects for CIA CPEWhile all FunCPE courses meet the program development criteria, CIAs must still select appropriate subject material for CE courses. The following general subjects are acceptable for CIAs:
- Auditing and accounting,
- Management and communication (oral and written),
- Computer science,
- Mathematics, statistics, and quantitative applications in business,
- Business law,
- Specific business topics such as finance, production, marketing, and personnel and
- Specialized industry areas such as government, banking, utilities, or oil and gas.NOTE: Taxation courses are not considered appropriate for CIAs. Accordingly, FunCPE courses except taxation courses qualify for CPE credit for CIAs.
We offer cpe courses in the following CIA CPE subjects:
- Accounting and auditing
- Advisory Services
Required CPE hours
In accordance with the Institute of Internal Auditors, CIAs:
- Must earn 40 to 80 CPE credit hours per 2 year cycle, depending on license status an
Want more information? Review the specific CIA CPE requirements on the IIA web site.
Other professional certifications
- Certification in Control Self-Assessment (CCSA),
- Certified Government Auditing Professional (CGAP), or
- Certified Financial Services Auditor (CFSA)
We welcome Certified Internal Auditors to our site and would like to serve your needs better. Please contact us with any suggestions for new course topics for Certified Internal Auditor CPE specifically.
You may also want to sign up for our newsletter to receive notification of new courses as they are added.
- Written by Carolyn Weaver